We are looking for prospective employees who are:
- Committed to improving lives in under-served communities
- Focused on results and data-driven decision making
- Skilled at building relationships and investing others
- Collaborative and innovative
- Master teachers and visionary school leaders
Each position has specific requirements. Visit our career center to find a position that fits your experience and qualifications.
Lighthouse Academies uses a rigorous selection process to ensure we are hiring highly-qualified educators to serve our scholars. The teacher selection process takes an average of six weeks, and the leader selection process takes an average of eight weeks. While lengthy, both processes are designed to give candidates ample opportunity to demonstrate their skills and to interact with Lighthouse Academies’ team members.
Hiring timelines vary by position and location, but the typical selection process includes:
1) Application Submission and Review
To be considered for a position, apply online via our career center. Once submitted, your application is sent directly to the hiring manager who will review it and determine next steps.
2) First Phone Screen
Qualified candidates will be invited to a first phone screen to learn more about your fit with Lighthouse Academies and the position.
3) Second Phone Screen
Candidates moved forward will complete a second phone screen to learn more about your qualifications and skills.
4) Personal Interview Day
This is a candidate’s opportunity to visit one of our schools and to see the Lighthouse Academies’ model in action. The personal interview day may consist of:
- Arts Infused Model Lesson
- Data Project
- School Walk-Thru
- Team Interview
- Writing Sample/Role Play (teacher candidates)
- Teacher/School Observation & Feedback (leader candidates)
5) Board and School Team Interview (Leader Candidates)
Select leader candidates will meet with local school boards and school teams for a final step in the interview process.
6) Reference Checks
Our online application asks for three references. We ask candidates to submit references who can address their professional abilities and accomplishments.