Bronx Lighthouse College Prep Academy
- One to One Laptop Program
- Small Classes
- Arts Infusion Specialist
- Laptop Computer for each student: They will own their laptops upon graduating high school with an acceptance letter from a four-year college or university.
- Full Time Director of College Transitions that works with families starting in the 10th grade
- Lighthouse scholarships and financing support
- Individualized Learning Plans
- Advisors who work with each student for all four years
- Community-based Internships with Professional Mentors
- Gateway to the CPA: Student Orientation
- Gateway to the CPA: Parent Orientation
- Scholar Work Exhibitions
- Quarterly Honor Roll Celebration Dinner
- Various Sports Teams (including: ultimate frisbee, basketball, volleyball, etc)
- Foreign Language Clubs
- College Mentorship Programs
- Debate Club
- Book Club
- Art Club
- Dance Clubs (Hip Hop and Bhangra)
- Scholar Work Exhibition
- New York University (NYU) Mentorship Program
- Columbia University School of Social Work
- CUNY (College Now)
- NYPD (Explorers Program)
- Charter School Athletic Association
- Urban Health Plan
- Teach for America
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
Next Board Meeting: July 1 at 6:30 p.m.
EMAIL UPDATE: Effective 6/26/14 Lighthouse Academies email addresses will change. Moving forward, to contact Lighthouse employees please use @lhacs.org instead of @lighthouse-academies.org. The first part of the email address will remain the same (1st initial and last name), but will now have the new ending. Example: email@example.com
Apply now for 2014-15.
- July 1: Board Meeting 6:30 p.m.
- July 7 to August 1: Summer School
- August 13 & 14: Regents Exams
- September 2: First Day of School
- September 10: Back to School Night
Documents & Links
Board Meeting Minutes
BLCS Sept 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS July and August 2013 Financial Statements BLCS October 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS November 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS December 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS January 2014 Board Meeting Documents BLCS February 2014 Board Meeting Documents BLCS July 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS April 2014 Board Meeting Documents BLCS June 2014 Board Meeting Documents BLCS June 2014 BOT Meeting Additional Document
BLCS Nov 2012 Board Meeting Documents BLCS Jan 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS Feb 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS Mar 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS May 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS June 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS April 2013 Board Meeting Documents BLCS October 2012 Board Meeting Documents BLCS September 2012 Board Meeting Documents
Board of Trustees
- May HS Lunch Menu
November Breakfast Calendar November Lunch Calendar November Snack Calendar December Breakfast Menu December Lunch Calendar December Snack Menu January Breakfast Menu January Lunch Menu January Snack Menu February Breakfast Menu February Lunch Menu February Snack Menu March Breakfast Menu March Lunch Menu March Snack Menu April HS Lunch Menu May Breakfast Menu May Snack Menu BLCPA June Lunch Menu
BLCS CPA Newsletter 9 1 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 9 22 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 9 29 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 9 8 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 9 14 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 10 6 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 10 13 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 10 27 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 11 3 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 11 10 11 BLCS CPA Newsletter 11 17 11 BLCS UA & CPA Family Letter 02 16 12 BLCS UA & CPA Family Letter 02 16 12 Spanish BLCS UA & CPA Family Letter 03 20 12 BLCS UA & CPA Family Letter 04 17 12 BLCS UA & CPA Family Letter 04 17 12 SPAN BLCS UA & CPA Family Letter 05 17 12
Scholar Family Handbooks
Become a Lighthouse Academy Student
Discover, achieve and prepare for success in college and beyond. We will prepare your student academically, socially and culturally to succeed in and graduate from college. We will develop your student’s critical decision-making skills to prepare him/her for success in life. Lighthouse Academies offers small schools, small class sizes, longer school year, and longer school day so we can provide students with a high quality education. Don’t wait – apply now to transform your child’s future!
The deadline for scholar applications for the 2014 – 2015 school year has passed. Parents are welcome to submit a completed application which will be added to our wait list.
Join Our Team
Are you fearless, driven and forward-thinking? We need people who want to teach, lead and transform the lives of our students. We need people who share our passion for creativity and innovation. We are committed to developing the capacity of our staff with 20 professional days each year, individual coaching and collaboration. Join us in transforming children’s futures.