Lighthouse College Preparatory Academy
- Collegiate Enrichment programming
- College visits
- Community Service
- Dual credit enrollment and AP credit classes
- American Honors Program through Ivy Tech
- ACT Prep- Naviance
- Back-to-School BBQ
- College Trips beginning in 8th grade
- Semester Honor Roll Celebration Dinner
- Senior Signing Day
- Homecoming Week
- Junior and Senior Proms
- 2017 International trip to France
- 8th grade trip to Cedar Point
- 8th grade Move up Ceremony
- JV/Varsity Basketball Team
- Club Wrestling
- Club Soccer
- Girls Volleyball team
- National Honor Society
- National Junior Honor Society
- Boys to Men Mentoring Club
- Step Team Club
- Dance Club
- Spoken Word
- Ivy Tech Community College
- Teach for America (TFA)
- Indiana (NWI) Teaching Fellows (ITF)
- Purdue University Calumet's African American Student Achievement Conference
- Northwest Indiana Food Bank – Community Service
- LCPA wins first attendance award for Project Rebuild! Click here.
- LCPA making news for our Restorative Approach program. Click here.
- LCPA scholars continue making progress for Peer review and RAPs (Restorative Approach Practices). Click here.
- Lighthouse program puts positive RAP on learning. Click here.
Lighthouse College Prep will follow the Gary Community School Corporation decision when closing or delaying school due to inclement weather. If GCSC is delayed or closed, then LCPA will be delayed or closed, as well.
- 7/5 Summer School (Session 2) begins
- 7/28 New Teachers Return for Professional Development
- 8/1 All Teachers Return for Professional Development
- 8/8 First Day of School--Welcome Back Scholars!
Documents & Links
AR State Required Information
Become a Lighthouse Academy Student
Discover, achieve and prepare for success in college and beyond. We will prepare your student academically, socially and culturally to succeed in and graduate from college. We will develop your student’s critical decision-making skills to prepare him/her for success in life. Lighthouse Academies offers small schools, small class sizes, longer school year, and longer school day so we can provide students with a high quality education. Don’t wait – apply now to transform your child’s future!
Join Our Team
Are you fearless, driven and forward-thinking? We need people who want to teach, lead and transform the lives of our students. We need people who share our passion for creativity and innovation. We are committed to developing the capacity of our staff with 20 professional days each year, individual coaching and collaboration. Join us in transforming children’s futures