Metropolitan Lighthouse College Prep AcademyAt Lighthouse Academies, we prepare our scholars through rigorous programs that provide them with a foundation that will allow them to succeed in and graduate from college. Our unique arts-infused curriculum, emphasis on social development and integration of diverse cultural opportunities augments learning and broadens horizons.
- Responsive Classroom Approach to Social Development
- Technology Integration in all Classrooms
- Summer Bridge Program
- Community Based Service Learning Projects
- Arts Classes/Performances
- April 2nd- Spring Break (No school for scholars)
- April 3rd- Staff and Scholars Return
- April 4th- Quarter 3 Ends
- April 9th-April 30th- NYSESLAT Speaking State Test
- April 11th-April 13th- ELA State Test (No early dismissal on Wednesday April 11th)
- April 18th- Parent Teacher Conference
- May 1st-May 3rd: Grades 3-8 Math State Exam (No Early Dismissal on Wednesday May 2nd)
- May 1st- May 18th: NYSESLAT Speaking State Exam
- May 7th- May 18th: NYSESLAT Listening, Reading and Writing State Exam
- May 23rd- May 31st: Grade 4 Science Performance Test
- May 23rd-May 31st: Grade 8 Science Performance Test
- May 28th: Memorial Day: MetLCS is closed
Become a Lighthouse Academy Student
Discover, achieve and prepare for success in college and beyond. We will prepare your scholar academically, socially and culturally to succeed in and graduate from college. We will develop your scholar’s critical decision-making skills to prepare him/her for success in life. Lighthouse Academies offers small schools, small class sizes, a longer school year and school day so we can provide scholars with a high quality education.
Join Our Team
Are you fearless, driven and forward-thinking? We need people who want to teach, lead and transform the lives of our scholars. We need people who share our passion for creativity and innovation. We are committed to developing the capacity of our staff with 15 professional days each year, individual coaching and collaboration. Join us in transforming children’s futures.