Southwest Detroit Lighthouse Charter Academy
At Lighthouse Academies, we prepare our scholars through rigorous programs that provide them with a foundation that will allow them to succeed in and graduate from college. Our unique arts-infused curriculum, emphasis on social development and integration of diverse cultural opportunities augments learning and broadens horizons.
- Add 1 grade each year until the school is K-12
- Safe and Nurturing Environment
- Before/After School Care
- Rigorous Academics
- Social Development
- Arts Infusion
- Bicultural and Bilingual Environment
- May 4: SDLCA will be participating in the Cinco de Mayo Parade 11:00 a.m. Patton Park Meeting Site
- May 5: Mexican Heritage Cinco de Mayo Celebration 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- May 14: First Annual Family Art Event at SDLCA 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- May 21-23: 5th Graders 3 day Camp Field Trip
- May 30: SDLCA Marathon
- May 31: First Annual SDLCA Father Daughter Dance & Mother Son Dance (for more information call Sonia 820-8303)
- June 11th-18th: All Scholars will receive free Vision & Hearing Screenings
- June 20: Kindergarten Graduation
- June 24: SDLCA Field Day
- Latino Family Services After-School Tutoring/Mentoring Program 4:00-6:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday (Not taking new participants at this time)
- Soccer Program has begun (not taking new participants at this time) for any questions contact Mr. Casillas
- Soccer Program Days and Times: Tuesday and Thursday 3:30-4:45 (CHILDREN MUST BE PICKED UP BY 4:45 p.m.)
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook and get all the latest news about our school.
- APPLY NOW FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR. For tours or to enroll your child contact Sonia at 313-820-8303
- Thank you Scholars & Parents of SDLCA for helping us raise $1,656.00 through the candy fundraiser. We so appreciate it!
- May 2nd, 16th, & 30th: Parent Meetings at 8:30 a.m.
- April 26: Dia de Los Libros-Day of Books Family Event at Clark Park 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Free food, books, and food!
April 1: Board Meeting, 5:00 pm
April 16: Parent Teacher Conferences (NO SCHOOL FOR SCHOLARS)
April 17: Teacher Professional Development (NO SCHOOL FOR SCHOLARS)
April 18-25: Spring Break Vacation
May 6: SDLCA Board Meeting 5:00-7:00 p.m.
May 26: Memorial Day (NO SCHOOL FOR SCHOLARS)
Documents & Links
Board of Directors
MI Transparency Reporting
Become a Lighthouse Academy Student
Discover, achieve and prepare for success in college and beyond. We will prepare your student academically, socially and culturally to succeed in and graduate from college. We will develop your student’s critical decision-making skills to prepare him/her for success in life. Lighthouse Academies offers small schools, small class sizes, longer school year, and longer school day so we can provide students with a high quality education. Don’t wait – apply now to transform your child’s future!
Join Our Team
Are you fearless, driven and forward-thinking? We need people who want to teach, lead and transform the lives of our students. We need people who share our passion for creativity and innovation. We are committed to developing the capacity of our staff with 20 professional days each year, individual coaching and collaboration. Join us in transforming children’s futures.