Southwest Detroit Lighthouse Charter Academy
- Add 1 grade each year until the school is K-12
- Safe and Nurturing Environment
- Before/After School Care
- Rigorous Academics
- Social Development
- Arts Infusion
- Bicultural and Bilingual Environment
- Latino Family Services After-School Tutoring/Mentoring Program 4:00-6:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday (Not taking new participants at this time)
- Soccer Program has begun (not taking new participants at this time) for any questions contact Mr. Casillas
- Soccer Program Days and Times: Tuesday and Thursday 3:30-4:45 (CHILDREN MUST BE PICKED UP BY 4:45 p.m.)
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook and get all the latest news about our school.
APPLY NOW FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR. For tours and more information contact Sonia at 313-820-8303
Every Friday is NOW "Jeans Day" our scholars are encouraged to wear jeans and tennis shoes as a school fundraiser!
Board Meeting: March 4, 5-7p.m. at SDLCA
March 7: Parent Meeting at 8:30 a.m.
March 12: Writing & Reading Project Night, 5-7:00 p.m. for 4th & 5th Graders
March 20: SDLCA Movie Night
March 21: Parent Meeting at 8:30 a.m.
April 16: Parent Teacher Conferences (NO SCHOOL FOR SCHOLARS)
April 17: Teacher Professional Development (NO SCHOOL FOR SCHOLARS)
April 14-25: Spring Break Vacation
Documents & Links
Board of Directors
MI Transparency Reporting
Become a Lighthouse Academy Student
Discover, achieve and prepare for success in college and beyond. We will prepare your student academically, socially and culturally to succeed in and graduate from college. We will develop your student’s critical decision-making skills to prepare him/her for success in life. Lighthouse Academies offers small schools, small class sizes, longer school year, and longer school day so we can provide students with a high quality education. Don’t wait – apply now to transform your child’s future!
Join Our Team
Are you fearless, driven and forward-thinking? We need people who want to teach, lead and transform the lives of our students. We need people who share our passion for creativity and innovation. We are committed to developing the capacity of our staff with 20 professional days each year, individual coaching and collaboration. Join us in transforming children’s futures.