Southwest Detroit Lighthouse Charter Academy
At Lighthouse Academies, we prepare our scholars through rigorous programs that provide them with a foundation that will allow them to succeed in and graduate from college. Our unique arts-infused curriculum, emphasis on social development and integration of diverse cultural opportunities augments learning and broadens horizons.
- Add 1 grade each year until the school is K-12
- Safe and Nurturing Environment
- Rigorous Academics
- Social Development
- Arts Infusion
- Diverse and Bilingual Environment
- Small Group Academic Interventions
- Transportation for Scholars who Qualify
- Physical education, Music, & Art Electives
- 2014 Summer Soccer Program (6/30-8/29) Monday-Friday, 10:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook and get all the latest news about our school.
- APPLY NOW FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR. For tours or to enroll your child contact Sonia at 313-820-8303
- Summer Events for SDLCA Families
7/19: Family Picnic 11-2 p.m.
7/31: Family Open Gym 2-4 p.m.
8/7: Family Movie Night (Showing Despicable Me 2) 5-7 p.m.
- September 2: First Day of School
- October 13: Columbus Day - No School
Documents & Links
Board of Directors
MI Transparency Reporting
Become a Lighthouse Academy Student
Discover, achieve and prepare for success in college and beyond. We will prepare your student academically, socially and culturally to succeed in and graduate from college. We will develop your student’s critical decision-making skills to prepare him/her for success in life. Lighthouse Academies offers small schools, small class sizes, longer school year, and longer school day so we can provide students with a high quality education. Don’t wait – apply now to transform your child’s future!
Join Our Team
Are you fearless, driven and forward-thinking? We need people who want to teach, lead and transform the lives of our students. We need people who share our passion for creativity and innovation. We are committed to developing the capacity of our staff with 20 professional days each year, individual coaching and collaboration. Join us in transforming children’s futures.